Find us on Google+ Smart Mommy Online: Vigamox Eye Drops

Friday, January 27, 2012

Vigamox Eye Drops


I brought my 3 years old son to his pediatrician last week for pink eye. He was prescribed by antibiotic ointment eye drop. I was surprised how expensive the medicine was but I need it so I have no choice but to pay for it. I had a hard time dropping it into my son's  left eye because he was crying and keep moving  so I asked my eldest son to hold him.  He was complaining that  the medicine goes into his nose and he can taste it. So my  tip for mommies  is to apply light pressure to the inside corner of the eye (near the nose) after each drop to prevent the fluid from draining down the tear duct.

Brand Name: Vigamox
Generic Name: moxifloxacin ophthalmic (mox ee FLOCK sah sin)
Price- 3 ml, $107.32  . I paid $50, after insurance.
Application- 1 drop ,3X  a day for 7 days.

How does it works for the eyes? It is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic that kills sensitive bacteria by stopping the production of essential proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.






0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...